Are you in my shoes?

Signed, sealed and delivered by Kevin Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wow, that was quite a weekend.

Last Sunday was my sister's wedding dinner, and boy it sure was a grand one (like a drama queen she is, it was fitting =D). In any case, the days that follow up to it and on-going after was not doing so well for me though.

Firstly, I had to wake up on Sunday at 8 a.m. for the arrival of Faizal to my home to pick the lovely bride. It was a chinese tradition, so with respect, I did what I had to do e.g. the guy who opens the groom's car door, tea-giving ceremony and etc. Throughout the whole process, I had to run all the way up and down the house to fulfill my sister's request (but mainly, my fussy mom's). I was not only tired, I was sweating. It was a 3 stories building, climbing all that stairs even at my age can be exhausting.

In the process, I had to take pictures of all that has happened. Although I hate snapping photos even with me or be it me whom takes them, I volunteered. What the irony was is that there were at least 5 people holding camera, be it hired for it or friends and families, rendering me speechless when having to take pictures when there are people doing it already.

So I was a little annoyed at that time, and I remembered my mom just had to add more spice to the broth when she gave a comment on how messy my room was. It completely made me rupture in anger, scolding her in amidst of a small crowd. I was very agitated, not caring what the consequences had been, but it was worth it to make her keep quiet.

That night, all went well (thankfully) and I followed my cousins to Red Box at the Curve for a karoake session. I enjoyed it because I was able to let a little frustration off my chest, but there were more pent up inside, making it unreachable till another source of discontent that could make me burst at the drop of a tone.

My handphone's battery had died, and for the whole of yesterday I was rendered connectionless. The karoake session ended at 3 a.m. and went to sleep at about half passed 4. When I had noticed the mounting number of smses I got, it was probably too late to acknowledge them or replying them for that matter.

What made things worse was that when I came on today to finish my part of the group assignment, I could not understand a few things that I had to translate from a diagram. Asking the person in-charge, all I get was 'Just do it'. If I am unable to understand what I am doing, what was the point?

I kind of put up with this person. Not only has he been rude the way he wants to command respect when he has been appointed the leader and for the fact that he talks about games more than I could imagine, but he seem to forget humans have feelings too. Right, so I may be a little late on the job and probably caused some unwanted results, but know this - I still have no internet at my home, I had a wedding to attend and I may not know when I will get any internet connectivity back. He just doesn't seem to put himself in my shoes. It isn't easy for me - I can't do my assignments, no research, nothing. Does he know that? I don't think so.

Thanks to this shitty fate I am in, I might drop my degree because of this. Although Daniel was a persistent and hardworking person, he does not project the feel of antipathy unto you. I may be getting too old for all of this.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top