Censorship: What's the limit?

Signed, sealed and delivered by Kevin Thursday, November 25, 2010

We all know how much censorship is imposed in almost every type of media in Malaysia. From sexual intent or hint to cursing, there has to be a limit to how much of it can be allowed and in most countries, there's a limit that is imposed and have been used as a stature to follow by that hasn't changed for awhile, not if something extremely impacting happens which may allow for action to be taken.

Sadly, this censorship does not apply to Malaysia. Almost every single year, the censorship just gets worse. Back in the days, when I listen to music on the radio, the only words that were censored was like shit, fuck and other really offensive words. That is acceptable, even the airwaves on other countries would do this, completely acceptable.

Let me highlight a couple of songs that had the most ridiculous words being censored away while it was aired over not just on Hitz.fm, who Plays today's Hit music and Nothing but the Hits but also Mix FM which are considered to be the 'Power House' music stations that play a lot of International music. To have them censor these songs, you'd be going "What in-tarnation are these bleepin' about?"

First song :: Train - Hey Soul Sister


As far as I'm concern, no cursing or swearing, or sexual implications were in the composition of this song. So let me tell you which parts they censored. The default lyrics look like this:

Like a virgin, you're Madonna


Watchin' you is the only drug I need


What happens when it's being aired over Hitz or Mix? This is what you'll hear:

Like a verdverd, you're Madonna

Watchin' you is the only rugd I need


Seriously. Virgin? Drug? Are they offensive to you? The funniest thing about the censorship of the latter word is that Hitz does play Ke$ha's song, Your Love Is My Drug without censoring that word. Talk about ridiculous censorship much?

I wonder what must be going on through the censorship committee.

"I think we should censor this word from this song, it's offensive to me. We should protect the innocence of our children, censor them now!"


*Facepalms*

Second song :: Ke$ha - Take It Off


Okay, so Ke$ha sounds like she's always tipsy in her songs, that doesn't mean she'd just blurt shit out in her lyrics but guess what, there's a censorship imposed in this song! Check out the following original lyrics:

Got a bottle full of whisky in my handbag


So what does it sound like aired over Hitz.fm?

Got a bottle full of wuwu in my handbag


What the flippin' #$%^? Whisky? Honestly, the censorship committee should be shot dead. Oh wait, there's another song too, remember 3oh!3's song featuring Ke$ha, My First Kiss? Here's the original lyrics:

Your kiss is like whisky, it gets me drunk


And what it sounds like after their freakin' tempering:

Your kiss is like zootzoot, it gets me drunk


I'd like a glass of zootzoot too so I'd get drunk enough to forget how stupid you guys are.

It's not just the radios, even Astro has been affected by these stupid censorship. Honestly, if they're gonna keep censoring everything that is 'bad' to them, might as well ban the shows.

I can't go on watching 14 minutes of Family Guy on FOX over Astro, without it being censored for about half of the show. Might as well not even have that segment in at all, ain't it? Again, who the fuck that makes the censorship committee? You guys are seriously retarded.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top