Simplest pleasure can sometimes do the trick

Signed, sealed and delivered by Kevin Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just like any other ordinary lunch hours that I went to have with my colleagues today, something different is about to happen but I bet you saw this coming when I start posting, lol.

Anyway, like most other lunch hours, my diet is comprised of mainly rice to top of veggies and meat. We went to a small little store just across from my office block. I had mixed rice (or economy rice), which is known in Cantonese as Chap Fan today and noticed one of the dishes available to offer.

It was fried ham that was in blocked shape, usually served from canned goods, just like this one.



I quickly took two pieces of it, happily walking back to the seats with my colleagues and as I thought to myself, how much I actually missed the times when my mom used to cook.

Reminiscing about the past can always bring back smiles, if the memories were good ones that is. It's funny how fried ham that came from tin cans could cheer me up, and the slightest memory was good enough to brighten my day. These little moments are hard to come by and I'm glad I get the chance to experience them.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top