Getting back to my Ah Beng roots?

Signed, sealed and delivered by Hakenden Saturday, September 8, 2007

Well, today I had the most ... unusual and probably most annoying dinner ever.

In a glance, it was almost 5 hours long and I feel the Ah Bengness in my environment started to take a toll on me.

We came at the dinner site at about 7.30 p.m. or so, which was supposedly to start at 7 p.m. As typical as a Malaysian we were, but there were others that came at 8 p.m. or later (so, the duh-ness). As we sat there with my uncle, aunt and cousin, I hardly talk to them (communication gap la brader).

Well, when the dinner did finally start, a few of the attendees started going on stage to sing. MY EARS, MY PRECIOUS EARS! Ah well, I just bare with the thing like I usually do and just had the first menu. Guess what? It took them about 20 minutes for the next one. With all due respect, I know a speech by a YB (Yang Berhormat) is important, but 20 minutes till the next dish? Wow ...

The following dishes were prolonged as well due to the auctions they have on 'blessed' items. Everything started with 8s as the price. My uncle seemed to have bid for a rice bucket that was filled with rice and like suppose to bring a symbolism of that there will always be something to eat and the bucket will always be filled with rice for consumption.

Throughout the whole auction, the people were shouting prices and the voice boomed so loud it even interfered with my thinking. Oh my god, only ah bengs shout at the microphones, I mean, it already increases your voice, do you have to scream at it too?

The dinner ended with all the items successfully auctioned, sadly, some people could not stand the wait and left earlier (wise choice maybe?). I did not have a satisfying meal and made me kinda cranky and this is why I'm ranting here.

Anyways, the point is, sometimes when it comes down to this, I'm kinda embarrassed to call myself a Chinese for a fact that, chinese people are very rude, kid's version of rude defies even the laws of sanction. I seriously am pissed with this, and maybe, just maybe, I would even stop considering myself as one, a chinese.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top