And They Say

Signed, sealed and delivered by Hakenden Saturday, October 27, 2007

No, this is not a song explained.

Sometimes, the age old saying "You think you have it easy? Try putting on my shoes!" tends to haunt everyone. What better backdrop than to have the parents think they have it bad when compared to us kids scenario.

Okay, so most of the times I do not do the housework (Sweeping, cleaning, wiping, etc.) may be due to my own workload, and when I start to say that I do have work to do, they think it is much less important compared to these.

I mean like, WTF? Do they even know what I have to go through in the first place? I hate it when they impose that their job is so much more tiring than mine. I'm not exhausted by stamina, but I get an equal amount of shit to put up with.

Being a teenager (or a late one) makes us in a position to worry over 3 major things - studies, appearance and social. Parents do not understand that we have these 3 concerns which tends to taunt us, making us constantly be aware that if we neglect these 3 major concerns, our life as we know it will be over. They think we are the 'kids of the 60s' or something. I mean, get with the program, we're in the 20th century for christ's sake, we are NOT LIKE YOU and we WILL NOT GO THROUGH WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT for US, because IT ISN'T.

I seriously am pissed when they think that whenever I do so much for my studies, they think it is never a painstaking effort worth considering that I might be stressed out from it, and as mentioned before, we have pressure from the other 2 major concerns. I'm sick of how they always put me in a position where I have to keep telling myself "keep holding on, patience will see me through", well I'm sick of that shit.

I swear, the only time I will ever get peace from this shit is if they die. Call me someone who is not filial or just plain cruel, but I hope for them to just kick the bucket sooner, for my sanity's sake.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top