Lame Ads (Episode 1)

Signed, sealed and delivered by Hakenden Friday, October 5, 2007

Here's a small reclusive feedback to some lame advertisements I have seen in Malaysian TV, here's some in particular:

Sunsilk Hair Shampoo Commercial
Okay, I was thinking "What?". See, the whole purpose of having a 'hair' shampoo commercial is to display ones' glorious and lustrous hair after a wash or treatment from the shampoo. So what makes this commercial lame? It's contradicting itself. The woman featured in the commercial is wearing a tudung (A scarf that Muslim women wear in my country over their head), completely and entirely over the woman's hair. I mean, it's a freakin' hair care product, show some hair!

Munchies Wafer Biscuits Commercial
Time to time, this commercial has ticked me the most. Their product is about Wafer Biscuits where there should be scenes of people enjoying the product, not enjoying life or just plain looney. My first impression of the videos spark ideas like an ad for a vacation or a holiday. As the Munchies commercial progresses, the less I see of their products. It becomes even more sillier than it should be, and it is deviating from its main purpose, enjoying the product.


I hope the people behind the commercials comes out with better ideas, because it seriously is LAME.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top