Festive mood sets in, yet?

Signed, sealed and delivered by Kevin Monday, November 17, 2008

I was watching this show on HBO yesterday:



Yeah I know it was a 2007 movie, but it got me thinking ... sometimes we just need to step out into a new environment to have a sudden awakening on the true meaning of living your life to the fullest. Perhaps it was a message I can imply to myself - perhaps it was a significant adherence I am to take as I reach the critical point in my life.

Anyway, I will give a quick plot of the story for those who wish to watch this(for whatever particular reason that you wish to watch):

Amanda(Cameron Diaz) is a successful movie-trailer maker that had just broken up with her boyfriend and wants to get away from her sudden cross-road life of L.A. to a place where she hope to sort things out during the coming holiday festivities of Christmas. She came across an ad for a house exchange program in Surrey, a little town in England, which belonged to Iris(Kate Winslet), a journalist which ironically suffers the same situation as Amanda. They made a deal to swap homes and lives for 2 weeks and looking forward to a holiday retreat from their norm. Amanda arrived in displeasure to find that her escape may not be what she had pictured. The night she arrived, she was intruded by Iris' brother, Graham(Jude Law). Iris was amazed by Amanda's settings and met a movie composer, Miles(Jack Black), a friend of Amanda's ex. Amanda and Iris begin to realise that being away from home and getting familiar with a different surrounding can be a good start to a new life.

Watch the show to find out what happens, but of course, it is a good ending and a very festive show worth watching during the coming Christmas holidays.

The show kind of cheered me up and the tiny flare of festive cheers ignites within me.

Happy Holidays people!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top