First pay check, first dinner

Signed, sealed and delivered by Hakenden Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My pay check finally came and yes, the feel of your own hard earn cash is a feeling like no other.

As a promise I made to myself that I would belanja* my parents when I get my first pay check (regardless of the amount and job specs), I would definitely take them out for a dinner as a filial action as a kid.

So I did. Last Sunday, my parents went to have pizza in Pizza Hut. It was not much, but it was definitely better than the usual chinese restaurants we go to which we ordered different dishes and have them with rice. Of course, the price was higher than that, but it was special nonetheless.

I am just glad I did something for them and I wish for more to come. The feel of returning some kindness back to your parents is something indescribable, I hope they enjoyed that dinner which I did, although I did not show it.


* - Malay term for treat

0 comments

Post a Comment

Twitter

Duality

Blog Counter
Since 4th November, 2007
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter
Back to the top